Your well-being is off paramount importance to the Applewood Manor team especially during this challenging time dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic. In addition to our standard procedures that emphasize meticulous and careful cleaning of the property, we have implemented additional safety procedures to meet and exceed the evolving best practices related to COVID-19. We are closely monitoring government policy changes, Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines, government mandates, and public health advancements and will continue to make changes as necessary or appropriate to our protocols and procedures. All local and state restrictions will be adhered to and revised as directed.
An area of special importance to us and our guests is how we service your guest room during your stay. The Applewood Manor ideal standard is daily make-up service for your bed along with refreshing your in- room provisions and new towels, if you need them. We ask that the guest not be present in the room at the time of cleaning. We are happy to provide our standard service upon your request which we will discuss with each guest upon arrival and during your stay. During this unusual time, we understand some of you may not want to share your space with others once you arrive, so we will do our best stock your room appropriately for the entire stay and, upon arrival, we will discuss options for additional requests and linen and provisions exchanges.
Our safety procedures and steps include:
- Ongoing training for our guest services team members on disinfection, hygiene, and respiratory etiquette
- Maintain at least six feet distance between parties—including those waiting to be seated
- Make hand sanitizer/wipes available to associates and customers upon entry
- Wash or sanitize hands upon entering the kitchen and between interactions with customers
- We will not leave condiments, silverware, flatware, glassware, or other traditional tabletop items in public areas
- Prescreen the health of our associates; send anyone home who is sick
- Clean and disinfect common areas and surfaces regularly; clean and disinfect each dining area after every use
- Require all associates to wear masks
- Require guests wear masks in common areas until seated to dine or seated in other areas socially distanced from other guests not staying together
- www.medifyair.com purifiers in each guest room and in 1st floor common area
As the new owners of Applewood Manor as of September, 2020, there are number of additional procedures, tools and techniques we are evaluating and implementing to provide our guests the safest environment we can deliver. Options in process of implementation or under consideration include www.tersano.com electrostatic disinfecting spray systems, hospital grade Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation (UVGI) tools from www.mrsa-uv.com and enhanced air purification systems placed throughout the house. We will continue to investigate emerging technologies and innovate our approach with regard to maintaining a clean environment for our guests. Please feel free to ask us questions about this important topic anytime before or during your stay with us.