Downtown Ashville is a walking town. There is too much to see and too much to do for cruising by car. A bike is great if you know where you are going but to explore the city nothing beats shoe leather. But what do you do when your feet start telling you they have had enough? There are plenty of bars, beer halls, restaurants, and snack bars where you can take a load off and rest those feet. But for the serious explorer, there is a way to put life back in those tired dogs of yours. It’s called the Wake Foot Sanctuary, and they are located inside the Historic Grove Arcade at 1 Page Avenue, Suite 115.
It is the perfect way for Applewood Manor guests to end a long day of walking—a place where you can take off your shoes and socks and slip your weary toes into a warm foot soak. While you are relaxing, you can enjoy a selection of tea varieties and nibble on French Broad truffles and shortbread cookies. The emphasis is on relaxation. It starts with a comfortable armchair and a heated neck wrap and then the entree–an intoxicating soak of essential oils, nourishing clays, and revitalizing salts for your tired feet. All of their foot soaks are a warm and relaxing 45-minute experience. You select from a menu of handmade choices:
- Hit Refresh—Grapefruit, rosemary, fennel, and pink clay
- Good Vibes—Sensual and sexy scents of vetiver, patchouli, and added coconut oil.
- Meditation Garden—Juniper, cinnamon, clary sage, and peppermint
- Lavender Chamomile—Sudsy & fragrant, topped with dried flower petals.
- Old #9—Wintergreen and rosemary team up with our Signature Wake salts
- The Clay Bath–White-clay, avocado, fennel, and clary sage make this soak velvety smooth.
- The Melt—Super moisturizing citrus ginger with coconut oil; herbal, carrot, and neem oils.
- Tea Tree & Mint—Tea Tree oil, peppermint, and avocado oils with green clay.
- Salty Beach Rose—Lavender, jasmine, and detoxifying rose salts.
- Signature Soothe—Healing for the skin and muscles with oils of lavender, tea tree, & clary sage plus detoxifying Epsom salts.
While you are pampering your feet, consider doing the same for your head, neck & shoulders, or the hands & lower arms by opting for the add on massage service from their licensed massage therapists.
Space is limited and demand is high, so it is always a good idea to call. And you can book ahead to reserve your spot. Call (828) 575-9799. You can learn more and find prices on their website at https://wakespa.com/.